1. The library is available for use by all members of the Strict Baptist Historical Society. Non-members wishing to visit the library should contact the Librarian.
2. All those using the library should first familiarise themselves with the "Library Guide" which is displayed in the library.
3. Members wishing to use the library may gain access during normal shop hours by calling at "Christian Books" Dunstable, but should first contact the Secretary or Librarian.
4. Members may read all books, magazines, and pamphlets in the library, but are requested to contact the Librarian before handling manuscripts.
5. Members may borrow most books and pamphlets, EXCEPT magazines, manuscripts (including Church Books), ephemera, books published before 1800, and specifically labelled items. In certain circumstances these may be borrowed at the discretion of the Librarian. Non-members are not allowed to borrow from the library.
6. Before removing any book from the library members must first fill in all details for each item borrowed in the "Loans Register". No more than three items may be borrowed at any one time, for a period of two months - an extension may be granted at the discretion of the Librarian.
7. Borrowing by post: Some books and pamphlets (but NOT manuscripts, magazines, ephemera, and other items considered rare or fragile) may be borrowed by post at the discretion of the Librarian. Postage is payable by the reader. Books returned by post must be WELL PACKED.
8. Readers are responsible for the safekeeping of all items borrowed from the library. No item borrowed may be marked in any way or repairs attempted by the borrower. On no account shall sticky tape be used on any borrowed item.
9. Where possible photocopies of magazine articles and books published since 1800 may be ordered from the Librarian, in accordance with copyright laws.